What You Will Find Here

I love to sew and craft and I love to teach others to do the things I know how to do. I love seeing someone's eyes light up as they see what they have made!
This blog will feature the things I am working on personally and professionally and will also feature tutorials for various projects.

You will also occasionally see items I've made to sell at Wonder Unders and Lewis Family Mercantile.

Enjoy browsing and please send me a note if there's anything I can do to help you in your sewing and crafting adventures!

Dana

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A "My Favorite Things" quilt for my nephew...

The last time we were visiting with Tony's sister Anitra and her son she was telling me some of Avery's favorite things.  I made a mental note and then had this smashing idea:  I would make him a fun quilt using fabrics of his "favorite things"!

Most of the fabrics are self-explanatory except maybe the gold and black border.  You see, Avery is a Vandy fan!  LOL


...and the back:

I can't wait to see his face -- I hope he loves it!!

Click each photo to enlarge. 

This was all machine pieced and quilted.  I used two layers of Killington flannel instead of traditional batting.

No comments:

Post a Comment