What You Will Find Here

I love to sew and craft and I love to teach others to do the things I know how to do. I love seeing someone's eyes light up as they see what they have made!
This blog will feature the things I am working on personally and professionally and will also feature tutorials for various projects.

You will also occasionally see items I've made to sell at Wonder Unders and Lewis Family Mercantile.

Enjoy browsing and please send me a note if there's anything I can do to help you in your sewing and crafting adventures!

Dana

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yesterday's Sewing... Bags, Bags, Bags!

So yesterday I'm thinking... 'what can I make for the craft fair?' and I remember Carla recommending 'market bags' or similiar.  Something to use instead of plastic shopping bags. 

So I pulled out some fabric and made these:
The first two (the bandana print) are plain, no pockets, nada.  Then when I made the other blue one I thought 'hey, I should add a pocket on the inside' so I did and then I made the sunflower one like it.  I decided to make a smaller tote bag from the sunflower print and made several pockets inside.  That gave me the idea to make one, line it and use a stabilizer to make it more like a purse :)
Just a little tour though how my mind works!  LOL
Made this one first.  Hmmm... I think the ribbon should have been higher -- or something?
Then I made this one:
Isn't she cute?  :)  She has one pocket inside.
And then I saw this pink corduroy and had to find a way to use it!
It has two pocket on the front and back. 
And then this one.  I've had this fabric for a long time and I just love it!

Wasn't that a fun day of sewing?

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a patern? I would love to make some of these! or a how to picture post about them would be cool. Just an idea!

    ReplyDelete